Introductory tutorial to using CernVM-FS, the CernVM File System (https://cernvm.cern.ch/fs).
In this tutorial you will learn what CernVM-FS is, how to get access to existing CernVM-FS repositories, and how to configure CernVM-FS on High-Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructures.
We will use EESSI (https://www.eessi.io/docs) as example CernVM-FS repository throughout the tutorial.
Mon 4 Dec 2023, 12:30-16:00 UTC (13:30-17:00 CET)
Online tutorial, via Zoom
- What is CernVM-FS?
- European Environment for Scientific Software Installations (EESSI)
- Accessing a CernVM-FS repository
- Configuring CernVM-FS on HPC infrastructure
- Troubleshooting and debugging CernVM-FS
- Performance aspects of CernVM-FS
- Different storage backends for CernVM-FS
- Containers and CernVM-FS
- Getting started with CernVM-FS (from scratch)
This tutorial is developed in the context of the MultiXscale EuroHPC Centre-of-Excellence (https://www.multixscale.eu), in collaboration with the CernVM-FS development team at CERN.