Registration via https://event.ugent.be/registration/HandlingMissingDataSPSS from 08-12-2022 14:41 until 01-07-2023 12:00
Researchers who are confronted with missing data in their research projects. Often a complete case analysis is performed, by excluding observations with missing values from the statistical analyses. In this course, the assumptions and the pitfalls of the complete case analysis are discussed, and statistical methods based on multiple imputation procedures are introduced.
IBM® SPSS® Statistics Version 28 (available on Athena)
- Introduction to missing data mechanisms
- Exploratory data analysis and graphical visualisations
- Complete case analysis: assumptions and pitfalls
- Simple imputation procedures
- Multiple imputation by Chained Equations (MICE) procedure
- Statistical data analysis of multiply imputed data sets
- Applications in regression models
- Hands-on exercises in SPSS
The course will be given in Dutch, but the slides are in English.
Thursdays January 12, 19, 26, February 2 and 9, 2023 from 1:30 pm till 4:30 pm.
This course will be postponed to a later date (to be announced).
Please note: The course is recognized as a Specialist Course by the Doctoral Schools of Life Sciences and Medicine. A request for funding needs to be submitted at least one month prior to the start of the course.
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Campus UZ Gent, Corneel Heymanslaan 10.
The exact location will be announced later.
- Participants should bring their own device and have access to eduroam and SPSS (either installed on their computer or via Athena)
- Basic skills in SPSS and some knowledge on statistical hypothesis testing and regression models are required
TEACHER: dr. Ellen Deschepper
- UGent (only through internal SAP UGent order/transfer): €375
- External or UZ Gent : €450
If researchers register for two or more complete courses within the same academic year, a reduction of 20% on the course price is taken into account starting from the second complete course.
This course will only be organised in case of a sufficient number of subscriptions. If the maximum number of participants is reached or if the course has already started, please sign up for the waiting list, to express your interest in this course for future editions.