Dates: 27-28 April 2023
Venue: Imperial College London (Drawing Room)
Attendance is free of charge, but registration is required for practical purposes.
Seats are limited (20).
Registration deadline: Sun 9 April 2023.
Note: only physical attendance!
We will try and record the sessions and make the recordings available shortly after, but remote attendance is unfortunately not possible.
Day 1 - Thu 27 April 2023 - 10:00-17:30 BST
Introduction to EasyBuild (incl. demos & hands-on) - https://easybuild.io
- EasyBuild terminology
- Installation and configuration of EasyBuild
- Basic usage: installing software with EasyBuild
- Adding support for additional software: writing easyconfigs
- Module naming schemes (incl. hierarchical)
Day 2 - Fri 28 April 2023 - 10:00-17:30 BST
EasyBuild: advanced topics (incl. demos & hands-on)
- Contributing to EasyBuild (incl. GitHub integration)
- Customizing EasyBuild using hooks
- Implementing easyblocks
- Submitting installations as Slurm jobs
- Using EasyBuild as a Python library
Introduction to EESSI - the European Environment for Scientific Software Installations ( https://eessi.github.io/docs )
- What is EESSI?
- High-level design of EESSI
- Getting access to EESSI
- Using EESSI
- Incl. demos & hands-on
- Jörg Saßmannshausen (Imperial College London, UK)
- Simon Branford (University of Birmingham, UK)
- Jasper Grimm (University of York, UK)
- Adam Huffman (Big Data Institute, Oxford, UK)
- Kenneth Hoste (HPC-UGent, Belgium)
In case of questions, please email:
or ask in the EasyBuild Slack (see https://easybuild.io/join-slack).